Let Life Flow
Dunkeld Country & Equestrian Estate is a luxury vacation destination situated in Dullstroom, Mpumalanga. Located about three hours from Johannesburg, it is close enough for a weekend getaway and far enough for a well-deserved escape. It is a haven for people looking to unwind from the daily grind.
Dunkeld offers guests a range of activities, including horse riding, fly-fishing, mountain biking, hiking, abseiling and rock climbing. Choose from a variety of accommodation options ranging from hotel rooms to self-catering villas and chalets to lay your head. With so much on offer, including two on-site restaurants, a spa and chapel, Dunkeld is the perfect destination for a well-deserved family vacation, a romantic weekend away, a fishing trip, corporate events or weddings.
There is never a dull moment at Dunkeld Country & Equestrian Estate and no matter your activity preference, we have something for you!
- Fly-fishing: we have 19 different sized dams and ponds that are well-stocked with trout from our on-site hatchery.
- Horse riding: our trail centre horses are well trained and trustworthy, giving even the most novice rider the confidence to enjoy a ride in the Dullstroom countryside. Our Equestrian Centre is a popular destination for short weekend riding workshops for the more experienced rider.
- Adventure sports: our on-site adventure team offers abseiling, balance beam, rock climbing, trapeze jump and a zipline.
- Hiking, running and mountain biking trails: it is the perfect spot (both onsite and offsite) to open your lungs because of the high altitude. We have bicyles for hire.
- Tennis courts: beat it out on the court and challenge your friends and family to a match.
- Bring and braai: every tuesday evening guests are invited to join a big, fat, good-as-it-gets South African braai! Book your spot at reception before 10:00!
- Trout hatchery tours: learn more about this exciting operation that keeps our dams stocked and supplies the northern hemisphere with 60 million live trout eggs!
- Bird watching: bird lovers will enjoy spotting some of the abundant bird life. The Dullstroom region is famous for being home to three endangered cranes – the Blue Crane, Crowned Crane and the Wattled Crane.
- Pools: take a splash in the indoor heated pool during the cold, winter months. Summer months will see you working on your tan at the outdoor cold pool.
- Putt-putt course: a fun time for young and old to pass the time.
- Wool-spinning: watch how our Angora Goats’ mohair gets treated and spun into wool.
- Spa: spoil yourself with a relaxing massage or rejuvenating facial.
- Jazz bar: sit back, relax and enjoy your leisure time in this luxurious lounge setting.
- The sporting horse restaurant: enjoy a delicious meal around a crackling fire in this intimate setting. The restaurant also offers beautiful views over the mountains.
- 1883 restaurant: the trout for which the area is so well-known for, features in some of the dishes and comes highly recommended. Pair this with a bottle from the extensive wine selection for a memorable dining experience in this beautiful country setting.
We have a wide selection of hotel-style and self-catering accommodation. Visit our website for a detailed breakdown of accommodation options.